Title : Conducting Virtual Examinations for Discovery, Cross Examinations and Regulatory Examinations: Need to Know Strategies for Changing Times
Date : Mar. 23, 2021 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Description : Most all examinations are taking place remotely across Canada today. Get ready for your next virtual examination with expert advice on how these examinations are different and how you need to change your practices. Join us for this innovative program, where you will acquire key insights, tips and tactics from the experienced lawyers currently conducting virtual examinations and find out what judges are expecting to hear from you. Boost your skills and your ability to effectively advocate for your client.
- How to prepare for a virtual examination: tech tools for smooth hearings
- Ensuring the process is productive and efficient: critical checklists
- Preparing witnesses and clients: guidelines and rules of conduct you need to share
- Up close and personal: Effectively communicating in front of the camera
- Shared screens: Who should control them and how to use them effectively, hyperlinks and more
- Communication with your client in the virtual courtroom: ethical considerations
- Virtual discovery demonstration: Best practices in action
Caroline Biron, ASC, Managing Partner, Woods Litigation Boutique
Tanya Walker, Lawyer and Managing Partner, Walker Law (ON)